Sunday, October 24, 2010

Autumn Portrait

No artist can capture
the pure image of God's autumn masterpiece.
Only God's palette hosts
the radiant yellow, flaming red and orange hues
of the autumn leaves
my eyes behold on this beautiful sunny day.

As I contemplate this gift of beauty before my eyes,
                                       becoming aware of my own autumn days,
                                      I know I am at a crossroad of younger years and older years.

                                     As the leaves gracefully fall,
                             I know that former things are passing away,
                               making room for what is to come.

                                My heart rests in the Eye of the Beholder
                               so that God's portrait of what is to become
                              can become another masterpiece.







No comments:

Post a Comment