Sunday, February 5, 2012

"The Rest of the Story"

Postscript to yesterday's blog- "Angel at the Super Bowl"
(must read blog of February 4, 2012)
What a game!!!! The Patriots tried so hard the last 50 seconds or so to score a touchdown to beat the Giants.  Yet, for most of the game they were ahead.  I felt a real adrenalin rush at their last-ditched effort to come through for the win and heard myself shouting for Dave to help them out.  Believe it or not, I shed a little tear for their loss, but I think I heard Dave say, "Sis, it's allright, the score shows they are BOTH the best.  And don't forget, I was in New York for several years and attended a few Giants' games. Though I love the Patriots, I'm OK with the Giants winning since they were part of my life too."

David M. Cohen
In Memoriam
February 6, 2005
Our Super Bowl Angel

I celebrated with you this night
you coaxed me to the Super Bowl
your most favorite delight.
Your beautiful face with Stetson hat
I did not see
but never mind that
my heart felt your presence.
Tell God thanks
for all of us!
We love you and miss you so much!
So we promise
to meet you every year at the Super Bowl
and we know one day that you will meet us at the gates of the Real Super Bowl.

From Mom and all your brothers and sisters







No comments:

Post a Comment